1 Melvin Beederman Curse of the Bologna Sandwich

Melvin Beederman Curse of the Bologna Sandwich

Written by Greg Trine

Illustrated by Rhode Montijo

Reviewed by Alex T. (age 9)

If you like superheros, then you should read Melvin Beederman and the Curse of the Bologna Sandwich, written by Greg Trine and illustrated by Rhode Montijo. Melvin was a normal kid until he was sent to the orphanage. Then after that, he was sent to Superhero School and after two long years, he finally graduated and became a … Superhero. In Superhero School there was a person named Superhero Carl. They were ordinary Superheroes until Melvin knocked him out of the first spot in class. Then Carl got mad and Headmaster Spinner told him to move to Fiji and Melvin moved to Los Angeles . When Melvin was there he wanted to find his weakness, because all of his friends knew theirs. He tried cold cuts until he had...read the book to find out if his weakness is a type of coldcut.

I really like Melvin Beederman even though I don’t really like books. This book is good. I never liked other books. I only like comics and sport books. This book is very funny, superhero like, and very unreal. An example of this is when Melvin could see peoples’ underwear with special glasses. I liked when Melvin and Candace made a deal that was if Melvin helps Candace with math homework then Candace would help Melvin with Superhero stuff.

I recommend this book for kids ages 7-10. I give this book 18 out of 20 because its funny, weird and it's kind of a comic but at the same time a chapter book.