1 Stranger Things

Stranger Things

Written by David Lubar

Illustrated by Matt Loveridge

Reviewed by Katie C (age 9)

Stranger Things

Ed was walking home and tripped on a coin. Once he touched the coin the moon rose up into the sky. On the way home Ed met his little brother ( Derwin ) who ran up to him and said, “ what a great idea! “ Ed had no idea about what he was talking about. Then Derwin ran home. When Ed got home, Derwin was writing pages and pages of words. Ed asked Derwin what he was doing. Derwin ignored him. At the dinner table Sarah Beth was making a choo choo train out of food. Suddenly the cho choo train rolled off the table. Will the strangeness stop? Read to find out.

I like LOONIVERSE STRANGER THINGS because it has a lot of detail and is a little bit funny. You would think that it is a bad book if it is only a little bit funny, but that's saying a lot because I barely think that anything is funny. Part of the book is a little bit funny when everyone is surrounding Ed.This is funny because Eds friends, Quinnton 1, Mouse, Moose, Eds little brother Derwin, Eds little sister libby, and Ed's big sister, Sarah Beth, are all talking,but when Ed comes up to them, they all go quiet. Then they struggle to talk! I also thought this was a little bit funny when Ed has to clean up the mess that the choo choo train made. Later on in the book the book Mouse lifts himself into the air witch is a very exciting part! At the back of the book there is a quiz. The quiz feels like a math quiz but more fun.

I recommend this book for parents to read to their children at bedtime. If you are a strong reader and like to read on your own, 1st grade would be a good time to start this book. If you are not a strong reader 3rd grade is a good time to start this book. If you like to be surprised, this is a good book for you.