1 Ramona Quimby, Age 8

Ramona Quimby, Age 8

Written by Beverly Cleary

Illustrated by Alan Tiegreen

Reviewed by Stella G. (age 8)

Ramona Quimby, Age 8

This book is called Ramona’s WORLD! It is written by Beverly Cleary. Have you ever had an egg cracked over your head? In this book, the main character, Ramona, had just that! In the beginning, it is the summer and Ramona is really excited for third grade. In the middle of the school year, Ramona has an egg crack on her head. Her teacher calls her a nuisance. In the end Ramona’s family’s car breaks down and they do not have enough money to pay for it.

I really liked this story and think it is great. It is interesting to see what happens next, like when the teacher called her a nuisance. I wanted to read more. My favorite part was when she cracked an egg on her head. I liked that part because it was really funny. Ramona thought it was a boiled egg but clearly it wasn’t because it cracked all over her head and they couldn’t get it out of her hair. When the car broke down, it was very funny. The car got stuck in the bushes.

I recommend this book for second graders and third graders because it is not a simple book but perfect for these ages of reading. KIds this age can relate to this story because kids can be like Ramona at this age and find it very funny. To find out more about what happens to Ramona Please read it!!!!