1 Galaxy Zack Hello, Nebulon!

Galaxy Zack Hello, Nebulon!

Written by Ray ORyan

Illustrated by Colin Jack

Reviewed by Natalie C. (age 8)

Galaxy Zack Hello, Nebulon!

Zack Nelson and his family are moving to Nebulon from Earth and he doesn’t want to go to Nebulon. Zack was afraid that he wouldn’t make friends. While Zack and his family are on their way, Zack falls asleep in their spaceship. Zack has a bad dream and he dreams that his teacher is a two-headed monster and his classmates are monsters, too. Zack runs as fast as he could out of the school and runs into a pizza shop and the pizza has bugs on it. When they arrive at Nebulon, Zack and his family meet Mr. Nelson’s boss. After that, they go to their new house and they realize they have a flying elevator in their house. Then, they have dinner and Zack is starting to feel better about Nebulon until his mom tells him he has to go to school the next day. Zack is worried that he won’t have friends there. In the morning, Ira (Indoor Robotic Assistant) wakes Zack up in a way that he does not like at all and Zack tells Ira how he wants to be awakened. Then Zack goes to his school, Sprockets Academy. His teacher, Ms. Rudolph, is from Earth and his classmates were staring at him. Zack was getting uncomfortable. Will Zack ever make friends? You have to read the book to find out!

There are a lot of reasons why I like Galaxy Zack Hello, Nebulon!. I think the illustrations are funny. For example, when Zack looks at the pizza with bugs on it, the look on his face is so funny. I also think there are a lot of cool things on Nebulon, like Zack’s computer and the juice machine because Zack’s computer is like a flat-screen TV and I think the juice machine is cool because you just tell it the kind of juice you want and it gives it to you. Chapter 1 makes me think of when my sister’s friend moved away and she was so sad.

I recommend this book to kids in second through fourth grade who like stories that could be funny, sad, and happy at the same time. Kids who like reading about outer space would like the series, Galaxy Zack.