1 Sarah's Unicorn

Sarah's Unicorn

Written by Bruce and Katherine Coville

Illustrated by J.B. Lippincott

Reviewed by Janice G. (age 8)

Sarah's Unicorn

Have you ever seen a Unicorn? In this amazing book, Sarah lives with a mean aunt who makes Sarah do all the hard work. She meets a unicorn one day in the forest and they become great friends. Somehow, Sarah’s mean aunt finds out about the unicorn and… you must read the book to finds out how it all ends.

I really enjoyed the story. The main characters are Sarah and Aunt Mag. I have a connection to another story I have read. In Cinderella, the main character also lives with a mean woman. Cinderella receives magic from her fairy godmother. In this story, Sarah receives magic from the unicorn named Oakhorn who has magic in his horn that he uses to help people like Sarah.

I think other kids should read this book in second and third grade. Because it is a just right book for them. The words in the story are not too difficult to understand. The type of reader who would enjoy this book are the kids that like unicorns and magic. This book might interest readers because the book has a valuable lesson for kids to learn.