1 Melvin Beederman Superhero Terror in Tights

Melvin Beederman Superhero Terror in Tights

Written by Greg Trine

Illustrated by Rhode Montijo

Reviewed by Ethan B. (age 9)

Melvin Beederman Terror in Tights by Greg Trine is about an orphan who is a superhero that fights bad guys. In the beginning, Melvin gets threatening emails from the initials “S.C.” and the only suspect is Santa Claus! Then a bully from school steals Melvin’s sidekick Candace’s cape and tries to hurt her. Luckily, Melvin’s pet rat punches down the door, punches the bully in the face, and Candace gets her cape back! Next, “S.C.” buys out a store’s supply of bologna to defeat Melvin. In the end, Candace flies to the Superhero Academy to find out “S.C.’s” weakness. Will she arrive in time to help Melvin?

In my opinion, Melvin Beederman Terror in tights is an extremely funny book. First, it is a little weird. Melvin fights a superhero that turns into a bad guy. In addition, it has lots of humor. Melvin and Candace defeat the bad guy with country music. Lastly, it is a little gross. The bad guy uses his spit to make Melvin’s weakness stick to him. As you can see, Melvin Beederman Terror in Tights is an extremely funny book.

If you like books with an entertaining story Melvin Beederman Terror in Tights is the book for you. Would you like to save the world? I give this book five stars for having good, strange parts. If you like superheroes this is the book for you. I highly recommend this book even if you need to sing!