1 Humphrey's Playful Puppy Problem

Humphrey's Playful Puppy Problem

Written by Betty G. Birney

Reviewed by Samira T. (age 8)

Humphrey's Playful Puppy Problem

In the book there is a hamster named Humphrey. He is a class pet. Each Friday, one student gets to take him home. One Friday a boy named Richie takes him home. There’s a school science project coming up and he is using Humphrey to help him. When he finally finished his project something very bad happens. Read the book to find out what happens to Richie’s project!

I liked the book a lot and I love how they included animals. It was also very interesting I thought it would be not that good because it looked small and boring. I was wrong, it was amazing. This book is part of a series and it is similar to the other books because it has the same characters. There are so many books in the series. One day I want to read them all. During the book I wondered how they made the drawings. The illustrators are so good. Did they do it by hand or on the computer? The book was short but I liked the book, it is worth the read.

I think someone should read this book because it’s hilarious and I also think a person that likes animals and who has a hamster will especially enjoy this book and the part when Humphrey thought he was going to turn into Frankenstein would hook the reader right away!