1 Olivia Sharp: The Green Toenails Gang

Olivia Sharp: The Green Toenails Gang

Written by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat

Illustrated by Denise Brunkus

Reviewed by Elsa M. (age 7)

Olivia Sharp: The Green Toenails Gang

Olivia is a secret detective. Do you like secret detectives? Olivia Sharp’s best friend, Taffy, used to live on the fourth floor, but then Taffy moved to Carmel, California and Olivia missed her. One day Taffy sent Olivia a letter telling her to come visit her and she wrote, “P.S. I don’t want to belong to a stupid club.” Olivia decided that she was going to visit Taffy in Carmel, California. So she went. When she got to Taffy’s house, they were happy to see each other. They got to work. There are five members of the club. Their names were Millicent, Jasmine, Nettie, Leah, and Katrina. They all had a shirt with their letter on it and they were all on bicycles. Want to know what club they belong to? Read the book and find out what happens next…

I like this book because it’s a mystery and you don’t know what’s going to happen next. My favorite part was when they asked Olivia to be in the club instead of Taffy because Olivia was surprised and it was funny. My favorite character is Olivia because she never gives up. She PERSEVERES and I think that is a great thing. I like the illustrations because they have a lot of detail and the pictures matched the words. While reading this book, I felt anxious because I wanted to see what would happen next. Read the book and tell me your opinion…

I recommend this book to people who like mysteries because this book is a mystery. If you like books by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat and Mitchell Sharmat, this book is for you. I recommend this book to people who like funny books because Olivia is very funny. I also recommend this book to people who had a friend move away because Olivia’s friend, Taffy, moves away. If you like realistic pictures, you will like this book because the pictures in this book are very realistic. Have fun reading!