1 Sammy the Seal

Sammy the Seal

Written by Syd Hoff

Illustrated by Syd Hoff

Reviewed by Jessie K. (age 8)

Sammy the Seal

Sammy is a seal who lives in the zoo. Sammy the Seal is curious about the world. The man said, “Well, you’ve been good.” So Sammy went off. He sees people eating and he said, “I guess it is eating time!” Then he gets hot. He is finding places with water, but no one would let him in. He gets in a line and asked the person in front, “What are we waiting for?” The person said, “School. What do you think?” Sammy waited in line. The teacher did not know that Sammy was there. The teacher found Sammy and the teacher said, “This school is only for boys and girls.” Sammy said, “Please? I will be good!” What do you think the teacher said next? Did she let Sammy stay at school, or did she send him back to the zoo? Read the book if you want to know what she will say.

I like this book because it is funny. It is funny because Sammy goes in a man’s bathtub and the man yells at Sammy. The book taught me to not judge a book by its cover. The book may look like an ordinary book, but when you read it, you will find out that the seal talks, which makes it more interesting. I am reading this book because it’s a book about an animal who goes out of the zoo and goes and explores the city. I think it’s interesting because in real life, they wouldn’t actually let a seal out of the zoo.

I think people should read this book because it is funny and clever and entertaining. If you like animals or if your favorite animal is a seal, you would like Sammy the Seal. I recommend this book to people who like the zoo. I also recommend this book to people who like animal books. I think this would interest people because it is a book about a seal who goes out of the zoo and explores New York. I think kids in grades 1st through 4th should read this book. If you want to read an interesting book, read this book. It is interesting because Sammy goes to school and animals don’t really go to school.