1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Reviewed by Yassah K (age 9)

Because of Winn Dixie

Hi, my name is Opal, and my Dad sent me to go buy some tomatoes, macaroni and cheese, and white rice at the WINN-DIXIE GROCERY STORE, but instead, I brought back a dog!!! It is a long story, but I can tell you this dog is special, because he helps me get new friends in my new town, and even a job. All I can tell you is that this book is going to be emotional and awesome. If you want to find out more read this book.”

Hi I'm Yassah, and my favorite part is when they lost Winn-Dixie, and Opal was going crazy at the party. This is my favorite part because when Opal and her dad, The Preacher, were out looking for Winn-Dixie, they had a big argument, but that big argument turned into them telling each other how they really felt, and how much they needed each other. Then, when they did not find Winn-Dixie, they went back to the party, and Otis was playing a song on the guitar. Then, Opal found out that Winn-Dixie had been there all the time. He had been sleeping under Gloria's bed, and snoring each time Otis played the guitar. Opal sat there and looked around at all of her friends at the party, and she realized that she would be okay, even if her mama never came back. I liked that part a lot. My favorite character was Opal, because I like dogs, and other animals (but snakes), and I just hate seeing them going to the pound, especially Winn-Dixie, because he is too funny and cute. I made a connection with Opal because I love dogs, and I really want to get one, but I can't because the landlord won't let us, but if I could, I would take very good care of it.

I recommend this book to my family because this book has a girl named Opal, and she finds a dog in the grocery store, and she names him Winn-Dixie. It's a book that people will love because Winn-Dixie helps Opal make new friends. Then Opal has a party, and Winn-Dixie gets lost. To find out more, read the book.