1 Because of Winn-Dixie

Because of Winn-Dixie

Written by Kate DiCamillo

Reviewed by Liberty K (age 9) & Isaleea B (age 9)

Because of Winn-Dixie

This book is so good! Why? Because this girl named Opal, find's a dog and names it Winn-Dixie. Opal and Winn – Dixie meet a lot of new friends. Come along with them on all of their adventures, and meet all the friends that they meet.

My name is Liberty. My favorite part of Because of Winn - Dixie was when Opal finds a dog in the Winn – Dixie grocery store, and she names him Winn - Dixie. This was my favorite part because she went to the store to get three things and came back with a dog, and didn't even get the three things...I would do that. The character in this book that was my favorite was Winn - Dixie because when he was in the trailer when there was a storm, he freaked out. He has a pathological fear of thunderstorms, and so do I. That's why he is my favorite. The character that I made a connection with in Because of Winn - Dixie was Opal. The reason that I made a connection to her was because she finds a dog in a store and, I found a dog outside of a store. I rescued that dog just like Opal did.

Hi, my name is Isaleea, and I want you to read this book!!! My favorite part of Because of Winn – Dixie was when Opal was in the grocery store and found a dog. She named him Winn - Dixie. This was my favorite part because later on in the story, Winn - Dixie helps Opal find new friends so she doesn't feel so alone in her new home town. The charterer in this book that was my favorite was Winn - Dixie because he is really kind and helps other people. Even though he is a dog, he can still be kind. The character that I made a connection with in Because of Winn - Dixie was Opal. The reason that I made a connection to her was because I don't let anyone be rude to me. I tell them not to be rude and to stop like Opal does. She doesn't let people be rude to her.

We recommend this book to our families, our grandparents, and people from kindergarten on up to any age. We want you to read this because it's really great!!! It's sad, and happy, and scary. It's a really touching story. YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!