1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid Double Down

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Double Down

Written by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Megan O. (age 8)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Double Down

Sometimes Greg wonders if people are secretly filming him. His mom thinks he should start reading more books instead of playing video games. Halloween is close and Greg is trying to find where his mom hid the Halloween candy. One day his school is doing Balloon Bridge. Balloon Bridge, which is a travel game. You have to get a balloon and set it free with a note on it. Whoever wins gets a candy jar filled with candy corn. Will Greg win? The rest you will have to figure out yourself.

I thought he story was very enjoyable. I like it because it was very funny. The book had interesting events in the story. One funny event is when Greg makes a movie with gummy worms. He pretended the gummy worms eat humans. This book was really enjoyable. In this book there are pictures they are black and white. I did not need the pictures because I could already imagine what was going on. The pictures made it even better! This book is a part of a series. There are 11 books in the series. All of are different. Each book has a holiday and this book is Halloween. That is why I think these books are different.

This book should be for 2nd 3rd and 4th graders. If you are younger, it might be too hard. This book funny and surprising. If your favorite holiday is Halloween, you will most likely love this book. This is a diary so kids who like pictures would enjoy this book the book. I think the most interesting part of the book is when they make a movie. You also might enjoy when Greg meets Maddox. Readers also might like the beginning of the story. This book is part of a series maybe you will read the whole series.