1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Reviewed by Yola M. (age 9), Rhianna M. (age 9) & Jaymie S. (age 8)

Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn-Dixie is a tale about India Opal Buloni and a dog named Winn-Dixie. They go on many adventures and meet lots of new friends. Opal's mom left when she was three, and she only has a dad, who also happens to be a preacher. At a party Opal loses Winn-Dixie., when it starts to pour with rain. Will they ever find Winn-Dixie on time? Read this book to find out if they lost Winn-Dixie forever!

I'm Yola, and my favorite part was when Winn-Dixie got lost at the party because I wanted to find out if Winn-Dixie was lost forever. If you want to know if he is, read the book to find out. I am most like Opal because I likes dogs a lot, like Opal. I have a connection with Otis because I am as shy as Otis is.

I'm Rhianna, and my favorite part was when Opal became friends with Winn-Dixie because it was a happy moment, Opal made her first friend. I am most like Opal because I have a strong relationship with my dog, Angel, just like Opal has a strong relationship with Winn-Dixie. I have a connection with Otis because I like to take care of animals like Otis.

I'm Jaymie, and my favorite part was when Winn-Dixie got lost at the party because I thought Winn-Dixie was going to be lost forever. I am most like Gloria Dump because she gave Opal's dog, Winn-Dixie, peanut butter, and I give my dogs, Mighty Miss and Mr. Mighty peanut butter too. I have a connection with Opal because Opal lost her dog, and I have lost my dog too. Luckily he was only lost over night.

We think kids that like animals should read this book, because it is a heart warming story about a dog named Winn-Dixie. We think kids will like the part when Winn-Dixie got lost because it was a scary and a sad moment. You will be wanting to turn the page to find out what happens.