1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Reviewed by Isaac F. (age 9) & Cadence K. (age 9)

Because of Winn Dixie

When Opal got to the store there were fruits rolling around because of a dog. Opal saved the dog from going to the pound and called him Winn-Dixie. Because of Winn-Dixie, Opal met new friends like, Gloria Dump and the Dewberry boys. Read the book Because of Winn-Dixie to go on all the adventures with Opal and Winn-Dixie!

I'm Cadence, and my favorite part is when Opal finds Winn-Dixie and keeps him, because she's caring for an animal. I am most like Opal because Opal loves animals, and I love animals too. I'm also like Otis, because Otis doesn't think animals belong in cages, so sometimes he lets them out of the cages...I would do that too. I have a connection with Otis because he let the pet store animals out of their cages for awhile, and if I get a pet duck I'd let my pet duck out of its cage and roam around. I'd get it a litter box because I don't want it to get loose, or attacked by another animal. That way it can stay in the house.

I'm Issac, and my favorite part was when Opal saves Winn-Dixie at the grocery store. It is my favorite part because Opal instantly loved Winn-Dixie, and I instantly loved Winn-Dixie too. I am most like Gloria Dump, because I like people to read to me like Gloria likes Opal to read to her. I am also like Opal and Otis, because they both love animals and I love animals too, especially cats and dogs. I have a connection with Gloria and Winn-Dixie because I give my dog, D.J, peanut butter like Gloria gives Winn-Dixie peanut butter.

We recommend this book because it is a good book. It has funny parts and sad parts. Opal and Winn-Dixie go on lots of adventures together because they are best friends. Everyone is good at best friends. We think kindergartners all the way to grown-ups will like this book. Teachers will love this book!!! In the first part of the book, when Opal saves Winn-Dixie from the people who are going to call the pound, it will capture your heart...it already captured our hearts.