1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School

Written by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Zoe P. (age 8)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School

In the beginning of Old School Diary of a Wimpy Kid there is a boy named Greg and he has to put up with no electronics. He is trying to stop his mom from her idea of no electronics and instead he has to do a town community service. He tries to run away from the service but the girl scouts find him he is thinking of ways to get out of there the only thing he comes up with is the camp out trip that he really does not want to go on. Greg uses his brother’s bag for the same trip and he has everything but a pillow and covers for his bed he figures that out when he has the smallest bag. He thought there would be a bed made with sheets like his house but he was wrong. When he arrived they would check there bags for candy toys and other things that you’re not supposed to use on a camping trip. One kid mailed himself a box of candy. On the last night he had to sleep outside and build a shelter out of sticks or wood.

In my opinion, this was a great book it was funny and Greg was different from me because I like to sleep outside and in cabins and Greg does not. I would give this book five stars because I thought it was one of the best books I’ve ever read. In this book it has a perfect amount of words on each page and great funny illustrations.

I recommend this book to kids from 3rd grade -6th grade and once you pick this book up you won’t want to put it down.