1 Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Written by Judy Blume

Illustrated by Roy Doty

Reviewed by Maddie H. (age 8)

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Do you have an annoying younger brother? Well Peter from Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume sure does. In the beginning, Peter’s dad invites his boss over and they think that Fudge is cute but Peter knows Fudge is faking. Next, Fudge is on t.v. when his mom is away. Fudge is so stubborn that Peter has to show him how to ride a scooter for two year olds. In the end, Fudge gets lost in the movies but Peter saves the day and finds him in the front row. Fudge is always playing with the turtle [ Dribble ] but now he takes Dribble to the next level. Read this book to find out how far Fudge goes!

In my opinion, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing is an amazing book. First, Fudge is annoying. For example, he made his mom serve his food under the table. They called him “dog boy.” Another reason is Fudge is funny. He sucks on socks whenever he feels like it. The last reason is there is a lot of action. For instance, when Fudge went on the top of the monkey bars and lost his front tooth because he fell. All in all, you won’t want to miss Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing even if Fudge is an annoying brat.

I think kids from 5 to 13 will like this book because it is action-filled, scary at times, but always fun to read. Do you like realistic fiction? I would give this book 5 stars because of all its silly parts. If you have ever loved a pet but something happened to it, this book is for you. I definitely suggest you read Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume. You won’t want to stop reading it!l