1 Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid

Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid

Written by Megan McDonald

Reviewed by Andrew K. (age 8)

Stink:  The Incredible Shrinking Kid

Have you ever read Stink and the Incredible Shrinking Kid, by Megan McDonald? I know it’s not possible…or is it? You will find out in this review that Stink and the Incredible Shrinking Kid is exciting. In fact, the whole series is exciting!

In this book, Stink wants to be taller, but did he ever grow? No! One day, Stink measured himself and he was the same as always. He was 3 feet, 8 inches. That night his dad told him that if he ate his beans he would get taller, but when he measured himself again he was 3 feet, 7 inches. Is that possible? Read and find out if Stink is really shrinking.

You will love Stink. Why? Because Stink’s life is full of adventures. For example, Stink gets to take the classroom pet, Newton the newt, home for the weekend. Judy dropped it down the drain. Read and find out what happens to Newton the newt.

My favorite part is when Judy tricks Stink into looking taller by putting on what Judy said was hair gel. In the morning, his hair was orange! Judy said it would wash out in a week. Stink was raged! But he did stand out for once! That part made me laugh! I also really liked how the author told me a lot about Stink. I learned that Stink and his sister, Judy, are a little bit like me and my brother.

You should go read Stink and the Incredible Shrinking Kid, by Megan McDonald. After you read this book, you will want to read all of the Stink books. Stink has lots of adventures, even a shark sleepover! Well, go on! Check them all out! What are you waiting for? They are all awesome! I recommend Stink and the Incredible Shrinking Kid by Megan McDonald for kids in grades 1-4.