1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Reviewed by Ajaah C. (age 9) & Keely R (age 8)

Because of Winn Dixie

We love this book. It is awesome!! There are some good and sad times, but it is still a great book. We liked it when Winn-Dixie and Opal were in the Winn-Dixie grocery store. It was so funny when Winn-Dixie knocked over the manager. Opal then screamed, “That's my dog,” so they didn't take Winn-Dixie to the pound. I was happy that Opal's dad, The Preacher, let Opal keep Winn-Dixie, and he was saved. Winn-Dixie and Opal go on a lot of adventures. When they go on these adventures they met people like Mrs.Frannie Block, Gloria Dump, the Dewberry boys, Otis, Sweetie Pie Thomas, and Amanda.

I'm Keely, and my favorite part of Because of Winn-Dixie is when Opal said, “THAT'S MY DOG,” but it really was not her dog. Opal said this so Winn-Dixie would not go to the pound. Now, Winn-Dixie is Opal's. Opal is happy now. My favorite character is Winn-Dixie because he is funny and Opal says that he smiles. I also connect the most to Winn – Dixie because he is funny and silly, and I am sometimes funny and silly too.

I'm Ajaah, and my favorite part of the book is when Winn-Dixie knocked over the manager. It was so funny because Winn-Dixie was just so excited and knocked the manager over along with items in the store. My favorite character is Opal because she is brave. She was brave when she said that Winn-Dixie was her dog so he didn't go to the pound. I am most like Opal because she is brave and loving, and I am brave and loving too.

Ajaah woud recommend this book for 3rd graders and up, and also for teachers like Mrs. S., that's my teacher, because she cares about animals. Keely's recommendation is for kids in grades 3rd - 7th because it is funny and sad in parts, but it is really worth reading.