1 The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Written by Mary Pope Osborne

Illustrated by Tror Howell

Reviewed by Kyle G. (age 9)

The Odyssey

This book is imaginative, wonderful, and enjoyable on many levels. It is book three from the Tales from the Odyssey series. It is about Odysseus, who is far from home. He is trying to get back. One of the obstacles is he and his army of men must fight and sail past a six headed sea serpent. If you like mythology, this book is for you.

I thought this book was creative. I loved this book because I am interested in things about the Greeks and the Romans. I felt excited as I read this book. It made me wonder what was going to happen next. My favorite character was Odysseus because he never stopped trying to get back home. My favorite part was when Odysseus is alone after an epic brawl with the serpent and he feels like all hope is lost and then, oh wait I am spoiling the ending.

I recommend this book to 8 to 11 year olds because it has a lot of challenging vocabulary. This story might interest people who like adventure stories. This book has 10 chapters, 110 pages, and no pictures. Race to your nearest library or book store…NOW!