1 Sylvester and the Magic Pebble

Sylvester and the Magic Pebble

Written by William Steig

Illustrated by William Steig

Reviewed by Nicholas K. (age 8)

Sylvester and the Magic Pebble

I chose to review this book because the title sounded interesting. I also chose this book because I like pebbles and magic.

The story Sylvester and the Magic Pebble is about a donkey named Sylvester who likes to collect pebbles of different shapes and colors. One rainy day while Sylvester was on vacation, he finds a pebble as round as a marble. Sylvester knows that there is something special about this pebble. As Sylvester is holding the pebble in his hand, he wishes for the rain to stop. It does! Sylvester realizes that the pebble is magic! Sylvester gets frightened by a lion and wishes that he was a rock. Everyone tries to find him. His parents are really sad because they can't find Sylvester. If you want to find out more, pick up Sylvester and the Magic Pebble.

I like this book because I like magic. My favorite part is when Sylvester finds the magic pebble. I think it would be cool to find something so magical. I would share the magic pebble with my Mom and Dad.

I would recommend this book for 2nd and 3rd graders. I think they would find it interesting.