1 Stink and the Incredible Super-Galactic Jawbreaker

Stink and the Incredible Super-Galactic Jawbreaker

Written by Megan McDonald

Illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds

Reviewed by Sam C. (age 9)

Do you have an annoying brother? Do you like Judy Moody? Well, this is a book about her brother Stink! After eating a huge jaw breaker he was unsatisfied it didn’t break his jaw. He starts writing a letter to the company. Soon after he got a box in the mail with 21,280 jaw breakers! Next he goes half-crazy sending letters for free things. Read the book to find out what other free things he gets.

I thought Stink and the Super-Galactic Jaw Breaker was a very funny book because Stink cracks multiple jokes throughout the book that make me laugh! Stink and I share similarities, we both have an annoying sister (in my case two) and we both love candy, but his favorite candy is jaw breakers and mine is chocolate (preferably Hershey’s). The book was unique because the plot was about a kid writing A LOT of letters. It is weird and fun! Stink sure has a mind of his own! It is strange because the main problem is Stink writing so many letters. Can you believe that? The book is part of a ‘’Brother Series’’ you can say. It’s based upon Judy Moody’s brother James E. Moody (Stink) who is not that bright. It’s different because each book has a different plot.

Other kids should read this book because it is a very fun book and makes me laugh. 2nd to 4th graders would like this book or anyone familiar with the Judy Moody series. The main problem would be interesting to the reader because it centers on a kid writing a lot of letters for free things.