1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Written by Jeff Kinney

Illustrated by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Jayden S. (age 8)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Have you ever heard of Diary of a Wimpy Kid? Well it is a series AND a movie! There are so many you can choose from. The main character, Greg Hefley, has a “diary” and writes about everything that happens in his life. He tries to stick up for his friend Rowley and Greg gets bullied around by middle school kids. Read to find out what he will do to stop middle school kids from bullying him!

I thought the story was interesting because it showed about friendship and understanding. I loved how the characters cared about each other. This book is similar to other books in the series because it tells all about Greg’s life. He also writes in his journal in the other books too. This book taught me a lot about bulling. Greg is always getting bullied in school and by his older brother at home. When Greg gets bullied he becomes sad. It’s important not to bully other people and be nice to everyone. I found the main character, Greg, very kind because he is very helpful to his friend Rowley. One time Greg helped him try to build the biggest snowman in the world. (Unfortunately the snowman was too heavy to push it so the boys gave up and went inside.)

I recommend it will be good for kids that like funny chapter books. It has friendship and tells about not to bully. I recommend this will be good book for 3rd – 5th graders. I think other kids would like this book because it has black and white pictures and 217 pages. It is fiction.