1 The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

Illustrated by Bagram Ibatoulline

Reviewed by Carly H. (age 9)

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

In the book The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane a china rabbit named Edward Tulane was loved by a little girl named Abilene. Then he lost her. Next, He was found by many different owners. Some of his owners were a fisherman’s wife a hobo and his dog and a girl and her brother. Edward learns more about himself on his many amazing and sometimes sad journeys. The lesson of this book is to love and be nice to your family even though you are mad sometimes. This is a book that will make you feel both sad and happy at the same time.

I loved the character named Edward. He was very interesting because he was a doll! He could think on his own but could not move on his own, only if somebody moved him. My favorite part is when Edward got taken to the dump and he fell into a pile of junk. After many days Lucy (a dog) found him and shook him up like a dog toy .This book is not in a series but it does have something in common to other books I read because two of them were by the same author. The two books were The Tiger Rising and Because of Winn Dixie. I like Kate DiCamillo because her books make me feel happy and sad at the same time. As I read the book I thought about if Edward will find the girl named Abilene who loved him again. In the end it made me wonder about if they should make another book like it. I think that they should show what happens after Edward leaves the doll shop. Other kids should read this book if they were in 2nd to 6th grade. The ending is very happy so go to a library and find it!

The reader that would really like this book is a 3rd grader because when I read it I loved it. The part that would interest the reader is what happens though out the whole book. This book is full of surprises so that is why you guys should read this book.