1 Invisible Stanley

Invisible Stanley

Written by Jeff Brown

Illustrated by Steve Bjorkman

Reviewed by Beckett P. (age 9)

Invisible Stanley

Have you ever wished for superpowers of invisibility? Then you would like Invisible Stanley. One morning Stanley is found missing out of bed. Or is he? When Stanley’s family figures out he is invisible they take him straight to the doctor. How did he become invisible? Read the story to figure out what happened!

The book Invisible Stanley had a lot of elements. It had magic when Arthur put on a show with Stanley. It also has both parts that are happy and sad. My favorite part of the book was when Arthur made a storm with pans, spoons and flashlights because it saves Stanley. I found Arthur interesting because sometimes he needed Stanley’s help. One time Arthur needed Stanley’s help is when Arthur wanted to put up a magic show. Stanley was very helpful. As I read the book I felt happy, sad and weird at times. One scene that made me happy was when Stanley a boy ride his bike. A sad part was when Stanley wasn’t invited to a birthday party. And I felt weird when Dr. Dan told them that eating in a storm could make someone invisible.

I think other kids should read this book because it has funny parts with cool characters and magic. Fiction readers would like this book because it has invisibility and superpowers.