1 Mr. Hynde is out of his Mind

Mr. Hynde is out of his Mind

Written by Dan Gutman

Reviewed by Samantha C. (age 8)

Mr. Hynde is out of his Mind

Do you like funny books? In Mr. Hynde is Out of His Mind the two main characters are Andrea and AJ. They don’t like their music teacher, Mr. Loring. All he sings is the dumb cookie jar song. But, one day instead there was a cool music teacher that was crazy! He was going to be their new music teacher. Read the story to find out how crazy he is!

I loved the story because it was funny. The characters said funny jokes and the scenes made me laugh. The main character AJ reminds me of myself because one year I did not like my teacher. It was hard to go to school when I didn’t want to be in the classroom. One funny part from the book was when Mr. Hynde kept on saying he was going to be famous. And then one day he was actually on American Idol! I like this story because it is a part of a series so if you like the book you can read another one from the series. The author does a good job at making the books funny.

I recommend this book to kids who like funny books and to kids to like the series “My Weird School Days”. This book is good for kids in grades 2nd- 4th.