1 Brave Irene

Brave Irene

Written by William Steig

Illustrated by William Steig

Reviewed by Georgia E. (age 8)

Brave Irene

This book is about a little girl (Irene) and her mother who made a dress. Mom was sick and could not deliver the dress to the dutchess. Irene would bring the dress to her, but it was not easy because it was snowy and windy. After about an hour the dress fell out of the box and she could not find it. Then she fell down and twisted her ankle. Irene wished she was home. After that she saw the palace! But she fell again because the snow was so deep. When she got up, she used the empty box and slid down the hill on the box toward the palace. Irene was nervous going to the palace because she had lost the dress. If you want to know what happens in the end, read this book.

I liked this book because the dress in the book was pink and pretty and I liked the characters. It was very adventurous because a little girl was bringing a dress in a big snowstorm. It was silly too because Irene was yelling at the wind and the wind was yelling at her. I also liked the pictures.

I would recommend this book for all ages. It is a very good book and it's not too hard to read. It is adventurous. It also teaches you to never give up. Plus it's funny.