1 Days With Frog and Toad

Days With Frog and Toad

Written by Arnold Lobel

Reviewed by Daniel P. (age 7)

Days With Frog and Toad

Dear Reader,

If you like frogs and toads then you should try reading Frog and Toad, by Arnold Lobel. Frog and Toad are best friends because they take walks together, play together, and tell stories to each other.

In the story Shivers, Frog tells a ghost story to Toad. In the picture, Toad is slumped into his chair so you can tell he was scared. They also go sledding down hills together. This reminds me of when I’m in Vermont at my house. We have a big hill in the backyard and we go sledding. It is a blast! There is ice at the bottom and when we get to the bottom we spin all around and almost crash into the trees!

Another reason I think Frog and Toad are best friends is because in the story The Kite, they fly kites together. Toad is always making a racket and Frog is always trying to calm him down. I think it’s horrible that Toad makes all that commotion. I think Frog should get the best friend award!

So now readers, I hope I’ve convinced you to read some stories about a frog and a toad who are best buds.

Happy Reading, Daniel