1 Nate the Great and the Phony Clue

Nate the Great and the Phony Clue

Written by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat

Illustrated by Marc Simont

Reviewed by L.M. (age 9)

Nate the Great and the Phony Clue

The book Nate the Great and the Phony Clue is about a detective that solves problems. He gets a phony note that says VITA so Nate wonders what VITA could be. He thinks it could be vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, D, E, G, H, K or P or it could be part of a long message. He thinks that part of the note could be missing. Nate also thinks it might be a torn piece of paper, but whom or what could tear paper? Of course, Rosamond’s cats: 4 cats equal 16 claws, which could tear a paper into 16 pieces. Nate goes to Rosamond’s house to investigate.

I liked this book Nate the Great and the Phony Clue because I love mysteries. I like how you have to try to figure out who did what and I like the character, Nate. He has a good sense of humor and sometime he even puts a pancake in his pocket before he leaves the house! I would give this book **** 4 stars. All the Nate the Great books are good, really good!

I recommend this book to people who love mysteries. If you like this book you should try to read the rest of the series because they are a similar reading level. The characters stay the same in the series so you really get to know them.