1 The Gym Teacher from the Black Lagoon

The Gym Teacher from the Black Lagoon

Written by Mike Thaler

Illustrated by Jared Lee

Reviewed by Liam M. (age 7)

The Gym Teacher from the Black Lagoon

In The Teacher from the Black Lagoon Hubie is An ordinary guy or is he,yep he is! Now time for the story, Hubie is going to gym class and he runs into the big kids who just survived all the tests given by the new gym teacher. The tests were the squeeze test, the run test, the dodge test and the climb test. All given by the same guy. his name is coach Kong and he is almost as big as King Kong. He is only an inch shorter. He is visiting from the jr high school. The big kids say he is scarier then King Kong. He's hairier then King Kong! Hairierrrrrrr! And oh, ho ho ho ho you get the biggest punishment of your life if you dont pass the tests. If you don't pass one of the tests you even get punched. If you want to know what happens to the boys READ THE BOOK !!!!

My favorite part was when the coach one of the tests your body gets donated to science. That part made my stomach feel like I was on a roller coaster. The pictures in the book were illustrated very well. They looked like an artist painted them. I recommend this book for first grade through third grade students. This book is for readers who like P.E.