1 Charlotte's Web

Charlotte's Web

Written by E.B. White

Illustrated by Garth Williams

Reviewed by H.L. (age 8)

Charlotte's Web

This is a book mostly about a pig named Wilbur, his owner named Fern, and a spider named Charlotte. Mr. Zuckerman, Ferns father is going to kill Wilbur because he’s a runty pig. Wilbur’s friend Charlotte is going to save Wilbur from Mr. Zuckerman because he’s going to try to kill him. Wilbur makes friends with Charlotte in the barn. One funny part was when Wilbur went to the festival and he got first prize because he could do such amazing tricks. He was so relieved. Another part was when Charlotte wrote some words on her web. One of the words was, terrific. You’ll have to read the book to find out what happens next.

Charlotte’s Web is a really funny book because one time Templeton ate too much food at the festival because he was really fat. My favorite part was when Charlotte saved Wilbur’s life because that’s very nice of her to do that. I liked Charlotte because she is very calm and nice.

I recommend this book to people that like animals because the animals in the book are very funny. One thing that might interest the readers was when there was a rotten egg in the barn because it will really get their attention.