1 The Lightning Thief

The Lightning Thief

Written by Rick Riordan

Reviewed by L.A. (age 9)

The Lightning Thief

A twelve year old boy finds out he is a half-blood (sons or daughters of the gods). Percy is the son of the god of the seas Poseidon. Brother Zeus thinks Percy stole his master bolt and Percy has to return the master bolt by the summer solstice. So Percy and his friends set off on a quest to find out the riddle of the oracle and return the bolt to Zeus. Who stole the bolt? Read it to find out.

I think the Lightning Thief is an interesting book because it is filled with battling monsters like Minotaur. I think if you like this book you will like the next book in the series The Sea of Monsters. My favorite part is when Percy pulls the horn off the Minotaur because it is the first battle the main character has ever done. I liked Percy's weapon, which is a ball point pen that can turn into a celestial bronze sword because celestial bronze is a metal that can slice monsters.

I recommend this book to people who like Greek mythology. This book is full of suspense because at one point the main character, Percy, almost gets zapped by Zeus’s master bolt.