1 Mr. Putter and Tabby Row the Boat

Mr. Putter and Tabby Row the Boat

Written by Cynthia Rylant

Illustrated by Arthur Howard

Reviewed by Danny G (age 9)

Mr. Putter and Tabby Row the Boat

In Mr. Putter and tabby Row the Boat, the main characters are Mr. Putter and Tabby and Mrs. Teaberry and Zeke. Mr. Putter is an old man with a cat .The cat’s name is Tabby. Mr. Putter is a good man. Mr. Putter went to invite Mrs. Teaberry to go to the big pond. Mrs. Teaberry is an old lady with a good dog named Zeke. She lives next door. They were all happy because they wanted to have fresh air and they wanted to get out of the sun. Read this book to see if Mr. Putter and Mrs. Teaberry have fun.

I like the book because it is funny. One funny time is when the cat was under the seat in the boat. He was trying to catch the spider, but he fell in the water. I like to go to the lake like Mr. Putter was going to the lake. I like having a picnic at the lake like Mr. Putter did. I like the pictures. They show funny things like Tabby and Zeke shaking water.

I recommend this book to read because it is fun to read. There are lots of pages. This book is good for first graders and some second graders.