1 The War with Grandpa

The War with Grandpa

Written by Robert Kimmel Smith

Illustrated by Richard Lauter

Reviewed by Samantha B. (age 8)

The War with Grandpa

In this story, an eleven year old boy named Peter but his Grandfather called him Pete had his grandfather move in with him since the grandfather had a hurt leg and the grandma died and the grandpa was so sad. The grandpa steals Pete’s room so Pete has to go to the third floor, and he is scared and lonely because no one else sleeps up there So, Pete gets in a war with his grandpa over his old room and write notes to each other they were serious.

This book is sort of emotional because the end is happy, but the beginning is sort of mad. It is sort of serious. My favorite character is Grandpa because he pulls the best tricks on Pete.

My favorite part is when the grandpa at night hides all of Pete’s socks and he has to treasure hunt and he has to go to school and he doesn’t like being late for school. This is the most surprising part of the story because you don’t think a grandpa would do that and get up that late at night.

I think this was a great book and if you like to read realistic fiction or have ever had a relative move in with you. Do what the grandpa did it would be funny but don’t start a war with them.