1 The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

Illustrated by Bagram Ibatoulline

Reviewed by Meghan Y. (age 10)

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

Edward Tulane, a china rabbit, realize that Abilene, his owner, is going on a cruise to London and Edward would be going along. Edward worried how it would be and how long it would be. On the boat Abilene held Edward tight in her arms,when suddenly two boys spotted Edward and her. They walked over to Abilene,took Edward,and started to make fun of him. The boys tossed Edward back and forth to each other when one of them dropped Edward into the ocean. Abilene screamed as Edward went flying through the air and into the water.

Before Edward hit the water, he saw Abilene hold something gold and shiny up in the air. Finally, he realized it was his gold pocket watch he used everyday to find out when Abilene would be home. He thought he would never be loved again, when all of a sudden he saw the sun and he was out of the water. He was taken to a lady named Nellie. Nellie had a daughter who wore too much lipstick and was mad that her mother had replaced her with a doll. So Nellie's daughter threw Edward in the dumpster on her way to work. Edward was heartbroken when suddenly he was picked up by a dog. The dog took Edward to its owner,a hobo. The hobo, dog,and Edward all got tired and headed to an empty train cart. The train slowly started moving and a grumpy lady came to their cart. She picked up Edward and threw him off the train. Edward had gone through so much and was about to give up , when another lady came and picked him up. In the morning, Edward was hanging on a post.

A little boy came and took him off the post and brought him to his little sister. The boy's name was Bryce and he was very kind. That evening, Bryce's sister, Sarah, died and both Edward and Bryce were heartbroken. The next night, Bryce and Edward went to a diner. Bryce over-ordered and didn't have enough money to pay for dinner. As revenge, the employee slammed Edward's head against the edge of the table and Edward's head had shattered into many pieces. When Edward woke up, he was on a shelf in a doll shop. Bryce had chosen to leave Edward but have the doll mender fix him because Bryce did not have enough money. Years past and nobody came for Edward. Finally,on a gloomy and rainy day, a little girl and her mother came into the shop. The little girl took Edward off the shelf and held him tight. Edward noticed something gold and shiny on the mother's neck, something familiar. Indeed, it was Edward's gold pocket watch and Edward had found the one he longed to be with,Abilene Tulane.

I wouldn't have changed anything in the story because I thought it had everything it needed. It was truly amazingly perfect the way it was. My favorite part of the story was when Edward got thrown off the ship. It was favorite part because it was sad and touching. My favorite character is Edward. He's my favorite because he is the main character and he was always complaining, like me! My least favorite character is Nellie's daughter. She was way too harsh and rude and it bothered me.

The story relates to my life because I'm always on an adventure and I always have a different opinion on different places. The story has pictures and I think they help tell the story because it gives you an image of what feeling Edward has and where he is.I definitely recommend that others read this book. It is amazing and I absolutely loved it.