1 Beezus and Ramona

Beezus and Ramona

Written by Beverly Cleary

Illustrated by Louis Darling

Reviewed by Garrett A. (age 11)

Beezus and Ramona

Beezus and Ramona are sisters. Beezus is annoyed by her sister, Ramona. Beezus is the older sister and Ramona is the young one. Ramona does many things that bother Beezu. One that that happens is at the library. Ramona embarasses Beezus in front of the librarian by wearing bunny ears when she went. Ramona finds a book about a steam shovel that cries.

Ramona does other things that bother Beezus. One day she took one bite out of all the apples and then discarded them. Another thing she did was invite her entire kindergarten class home for a party without telling her mother. She also insists on reading the same library book over and over.

At the end of the story, Beezus, who is really mad at Ramona for the crazy things she does, finds out that it is normal to not like your sister all the time. Her mother and her Aunt Beatrice, whom she is name for, used to fight all the time when they were kids and now they were best friends. Beezus was relieved to find that out and sees Ramona in a new way.

I wouldn't change this story. My favorite part is when Ramona has the kindergarten party because it very funny and Ramona's mom was a good sport. My favorite character is Beezus because she is very patient and nice to Ramona. My least favorite character is Ramona because she reminds me of my twin brother who sometimes bothers me.

This story relates to my life because my brother and sisters sometimes bug me too, but we are still friends. This book has many pictures which I like because they help tell the story. I think you should read this book because Ramona's adventures are very entertaining and you will laugh at the funny things she does.