1 Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

Written by J.K. Rowling

Illustrated by Mary Grandpre

Reviewed by Jesse S. (age 11)

Fifteen year old Harry Potter lives with his aunt, uncle, and cousin. Harry lives in a cupboard-sized room. His mother and father were murdered by Voldemort who is the powerful and wicked wizard in the story. Harry is only a fifth year student at Hogwarts, a magical school. At Hogwarts, he make new friends, Ron and Hermione.

When he goes to Hogwarts, he finds that professor Unbridge is his new defense against the dark Arts Teacher. He gets a detention and writes with a special quill that etches his writing on his skin while he writes on paper. Harry then starts the D.A. (Dumbledore's Army) that practices patronuses and other spells.

One of the members get caught and the D.A. is revealed to Professor Umbridge. Later on, Harry has a vision that Sirius, his godfather, is being tortured by Voldemort. Harry and his friends fight Voldemort's followers alongside the Order of the Phoenix, the good wizards. Bellatrix, one of Voldemort's followers, kills Sirius and Harry fights Bellatrix. Dumbledore fights Voldemort in the end and Harry is safe. Back at Hogwarts, the friends go back to their families.

I would change one thing about this story. I would not let Sirius die because I don't like people dying. My favorite part of the story was when they form the D.A. because you can learn all these spells. My favorite character is Harry because he teaches the D.A. Professor Umbridge is my least favorite character because she is one of the meanest characters in the book. This story relates to my life because I also have a lot of homework at school. This story had pictures which help tell the story.

I think others should read this story because it is really exciting and because it has a mystery in the story. Harry has to figure out what his mysterious dream means.