1 Number the Stars

Number the Stars

Written by Lois Lowry

Reviewed by Jerry M. (age 11)

Number the Stars

The book is about a girl named Annemarie and her family. They leave their home because they were helping their Jewish friends. The Jewish girl’s name is Ellen Rosen and the Nazis want to capture her and her family because they are Jews. Some of the people in the town are trying to hide and ship the Jews off to a place where they would be safe so the Nazies won’t capture and either kill or make the young work for them. They go on an unforgettable and dangerous journey and it brings the two families closer together.

I think this book is very interesting and exiting!!! My favorite scene in this book is when the guards stopped Annemarie and asked her questions. I didn’t know what to expect out of Annemarie. I think Annemarie is a risk taker because she is willing to risk her life for her friend. It definitely left me wanting to read on and find out what was going to happen. It made me wonder what life for Jews at this time was like how hard it was for them to live out their lives.

I would recommend this book to people who like nail biting thrillers. It leaves you guessing if the family and her friend are going to get caught and possibly killed.