1 Boat Ride with Lillian Two Blossom

Boat Ride with Lillian Two Blossom

Written by Patricia Polacco

Illustrated by Patricia Polacco

Reviewed by Henry (age 9) & Luke (age 7)

Boat Ride with Lillian Two Blossom

We think that this is a great book. In the beginning, Mabel asked a lot of questions that Will, her brother, did not know. They were just enjoying a day at the pond, when they saw their friend, Lillian Two Blossom. She said, "Take me on a boat ride." She hopped in the boat. They rowed as fast as they could to the middle of the pond. The boat began to fly, and Lillian Two Blossom became young again. As they flew in the air they began to see strange things like rainbow fish, wolves in mid-air, and caribou. After the adventure, Lillian Two Blossom becomes old again.

This is a very interesting book. We like this book because it is descriptive. For example, Patricia Polacco says, "Mabel and Banana Joe climbed into the boat and Will rowed. 'Faster boy. Faster,' Lillian Two Blosom said in a raspy whisper." Also she makes great illustrations. The book reminds me (Henry 10) of the time I went out on the lake with my brother. It reminds me (Luke 7) of the time I caught my two foot eel.

We recommend this to people ages 7-10 because it has a lot of hard words. Also, we recommend this to people who like to use their imagination. This book is a “thumbs” up.