1 The Boxcar Children: Mystery Behind the Wall

The Boxcar Children: Mystery Behind the Wall

Written by Gertrude Chandler Warner

Illustrated by David Cunningham

Reviewed by Christian C. (age 8)

The Boxcar Children:  Mystery Behind the Wall

This story is about four children, called The Boxcar Children, who were orphaned and are now living with their grandpa. In this book, “Mystery Behind the Wall”, a friend named Rory came to live with them for the summer. They discover an old diary hidden behind a wall. The diary belongs to a girl named Stephanie who lived in the same house a long time ago. Then, Grandpa Alden told the children that there was a hidden treasure somewhere in the house. What was the treasure and where was it hidden? Read this book and find out!

My favorite part of the story is when the kids find Stephanie’s diary because it contains secrets about her life when she was growing up. I liked this book because it has a lot of clues and I like books that lead to solving mysteries. “Mystery Behind the Wall” is part of The Boxcar Children series. This book teaches children to keep trying and never give up! When I started reading this book I could not stop!

I would recommend this book for kids eight and up because younger kids might not understand the story. I also recommend this book to all kids who love to find clues and solve mysteries.