1 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Written by C.S. Lewis

Illustrated by Pauline Baynes

Reviewed by Francisca P. (age 9)

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

On a sunny summer day a girl named Lucy went to the secret closet and went inside and found a world called Narnia. She met Mr. Tumnus, a faun. Mr. Tumnus invited her for tea. Lucy told her brother Edmund about Narnia and how she met Mr. Tumnus and he didn’t believe her so he went inside the same closet and found an evil dwarf named Ginarrbrik. He pointed a knife on him. The dwarf was a servant of the evil witch that cast a spell on innocent creatures and made them stones. His sister Susan met these two beavers who led them to their dam and made them a nice meal. The beavers were fighting the witch. The wolf named Maugrim was an evil wolf that followed the witch. The wolves wanted to kill a fox that was trying to save the beaver and Lucy, Susan, and Peter. They were hoping to see the true king Aslan who will bring back spring and kill the evil witch and finish the battle between Aslan and the witch. Lucy grew up and went back to her own life.

I enjoyed this book because the king of Narnia saved the creatures from the evil witch. That made me feel excited and happy too. I also liked that when Lucy grew up she was big, but in real life she was also still little and her brother and sister were little too. That was good because they saved Narnia too with all their friends. That made me feel happy too. It was exciting to read and learn about all these creatures who were fauns. What I didn’t like about the book is that the evil witch made all these creatures turn rocks. I didn’t like that because the witch was selfish and mean, and that made me feel mad because she didn’t like the creatures that lived in Narnia. When the wolf that serves the evil witch bit the fox and left marks on his body I was sad.

I recommend this book to my teacher because she doesn’t know I am a good writer in a book report because at school I don’t do that well in book reports. I think if my teacher reads this book she will be happy and tell me to do another book report. I recommend this to my family because they will be happy about me and tell me good things that will help. I recommend this book to my little brother because I could read it to him.