1 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Written by J.K. Rowling

Illustrated by Mary Grandpre

Reviewed by Alex H. (age 8)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

This story is about Harry Potter getting to Hogwarts and meeting friends named Ron and Hermione. Harry Potter is a boy who has amazing wizard powers. Harry gets entered in a game called Quidditch. Harry has to catch a golden snitch because he is a seeker. Does he catch the snitch? Read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone to find out.

The problem happens when Harry gets into a secret place. He meets a bad guy from Hogwarts. When Harry figured out that the guy was bad, he turned around and it looked dangerous. When Harry got back from the scary place the master was standing where Harry was standing. The master of Hogwarts said to Harry, “Harry, are you all right?” Harry said, “yes” and went to go to his room, but he bumped into Ron and Hermione. Ron and Hermione ran to hug Harry because he left them when Ron got hurt and Hermione had to take Ron back to Hogwarts. Harry hugged Ron and Hermione. He thanked Hermione for taking Ron. Then they walked to the train. Read more to find out what happened when he went home.

My favorite part was when Harry played a game on his way to the bad guy. I liked my favorite part because Ron risked his life for Harry. It was cool because Ron fell off his made up horse and yelled, “No!!!”

My favorite picture is when Harry is playing a game. It looked like a board with kings and queens. I also like the picture when Ron fell from his horse.

It is amazing and special that Harry got away from the bad guy. Harry is special because got his powers from a secret guy, but people never speak the man's name. His name is Lord Voldemort.

My favorite characters are Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I like Harry because he is amazing and very smart. I like Ron because he is weird and funny. I like Hermione most of all because she has every friend because she is so smart. I like Hermione because she knows every answer.

I recommend this book to kids who are in third grade and up and to kids who like adventures.