1 Why Not Lafayette?

Why Not Lafayette?

Written by Jean Fritz

Illustrated by Ronald Himler

Reviewed by James H. (age 10)

Why Not Lafayette?

In the story, there was a boy called Lafayette. He was in England and then in France. In France, he decided to fight for the Americans in the war.

He got to America and was not called by his name. He was called "Boy". He was friends with General Washington. They fought together and they won a battle. Washington sent Lafayette to a medic and he treated him like a son. He got better.

When the war was over, he went back to France and he had three children. He was happy, but then he got arrested. He was sent all around, but ended up in Germany. His wife was there. They were let go and went back to France and were happy together.

I would not change the story. It is fine as it is. My favorite part of the story was when Washington was in a fight with Cornwalis. My favorite character is Rochembeau because he is a good general. My least favorite character is Cornwalis because he was with the British.

This story relates to my life because it is about fighting and I fight with my brother. I would recommend this book because it is a great book.