1 Horrible Harry and the Drop of Doom

Horrible Harry and the Drop of Doom

Written by Suzy Kline

Illustrated by Frank remkiewicz

Reviewed by Amanda G. (age 7)

Horrible Harry and the Drop of Doom

Have you ever heard of the Drop of Doom? FIrst you drop, and then you're doomed. Harry is a second grade boy who loves horrible stuff like slimy stuff, creepy stuff and scary stuff. He and his friends Song Lee, Dexter, Mary, Sidney and Ida are going to Mountainside Park. Harry dares himself to go on the new scary ride, the Drop of Doom. Harry is very excited to go on it until...he finds out that it's an elevator. He tells Song Lee and Doug that he's scared of elevators. He said, "I ...hate...elevators!" Harry's problem is, if he doesn't ride the Drop of Doom, everyone will think he's a scardy cat.

I really enjoyed this book. I would definitely read it again. On a scale of one to ten, I would rate this a ten because it was funny and taught me a lesson. The lesson I learned is don't judge something before you try it. My favorite part was when Sidney wanted to eat Harry's leg for a joke. Sidney wanted a chicken leg so Sidney ate Harry's because he's chicken of the Drop of Doom.

Horrible Harry and the Drop of Doom was very entertaining and I couldn't put it down. I recommend this imaginative book to people who love gross and funny characters because Harry is really gross and really funny. The words were so descriptive, I felt like I was sitting next to Harry the whole time.