1 Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine

Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine

Written by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat

Illustrated by Marc Simont

Reviewed by Olivia O. (age 8)

Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine

Do you like valentines? Then you should read Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine. Nate the Great hates mushy stuff, but he spies a big, red paper heart taped to the outside of Sluge's doghouse. Nate the Great knows he must help his friend find out who has left the secret valentine. Read Nate the Great and the Secret Valentine to find out who wrote the valentine.

My favorite part of the book is when Nate the Great thought Rosemond gave him a valentine. He wanted to stay in the dog house because if he touched it, it would be officially his. So he stayed in the dog house until the valentine that Rosemond gave him blew away and Sludge was happy that Nate the Great was with him. I liked the book because it was funny. Nate the Great always eats pancakes when he is solving a case because they help him think. He ate lots and lots of pancakes in this story because he had two mysteries to solve. Nate the Great reminds me of when I was a detective and I had to find my pink pencil. I had to ask a lot of people questions to find it.

I recommend this book to other third graders who love mysteries and the Nate the Great series.