1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Written by Jeff Kinney

Illustrated by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Trevor D. (age 10)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Greg is a sixth grade boy who is always getting pushed around. He lives with a bratty younger brother, a drum obsessed older brother and two strict parents Things start cooking when Greg's older brother finds his diary and discovers one of Greg's deepest, darkest secrets. Will Greg be able to keep his brother from telling all his friends about what he read in Greg's diary?

I loved it when Greg's older brother had band practice but they were not exactly practicing. Instead they were screaming into the microphone. This was my favorite part because Greg's father looks so annoyed from the music. This book is not like most books because the author actually made it look like a diary. For example he put the date in the corner of every page and he made the handwriting look like a kid's. Greg reminds me of my friend Connor because neither of them are full of themselves and they're both honest. Also they like to keep things secret. I think Greg learned more about responsibility by the end of the book. For example, his parents left him home alone and he did not break a thing or invite over any of his friends. In the beginning, Greg was not responsible but then he knew people would like him more if he was responsible.

This book is very funny because there are doodles on every page . I would recommend it to anyone who likes cartoons and having a good laugh. This book's readers should be boys or girls around the age of 8 to 13.