1 A to Z Mysteries: The School Skeleton

A to Z Mysteries: The School Skeleton

Written by Ron Roy

Illustrated by John Gurney

Reviewed by Madeline N. (age 8)

A to Z Mysteries: The School Skeleton

Have you ever had your school's skeleton lost or stolen? The kids at some schools have. Who would want to steal a skeleton? That is a good question. In this book, students Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose try to find out what happened to it using some clues they collect as they search the school. One clue was a note from the thief that said, "Key to skeleton." Will Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose solve the mystery? You will have to read to find out.

This book made me wonder about where the skeleton was and who took him. There were many suspects including the principal, and I was always thinking about the same kind thing happening at our school. I liked the book because you only had to think about the skeleton, and you didn't have to worry about finding clues. The author told you the clues which made it easier to focus on just finding the skeleton. My favorite part of the story was when Dink got a paper cut and someone in the class said, "Teacher's pet, teacher's pet, when Dink gets sick he goes to the vet." I thought this was a really funny part because Dink isn't a pet.

I would recommend this book to students in grades 2 - 4, because it is kind of hard, but funny, too! The author did a good job of making tricky clues that were hard to figure out and that really made me think. If you like books that take place in school you will love this mystery.