1 Junie B. Jones is a Beauty Shop Guy

Junie B. Jones is a Beauty Shop Guy

Written by Barbara Park

Illustrated by Denise Brunkus

Reviewed by Abigail W. (age 7)

Junie B. Jones is a Beauty Shop Guy

Do you like funny, curious kindergarteners? Then you would love Junie B. Jones. In this book, Junie B. Jones is a Beauty Shop Guy, Junie wants to be a hairstylist. Her dad says it takes years and years of practice. That’s when it hit her. So she practiced on herself. Do you think she messes up on her hair? Or do you think she did a great job and is going to become a hairstylist? Read the book and find out.

I liked Junie B. Jones is a Beauty Shop Guy because she practiced on her own hair! When I pictured it in my mind, I started to laugh a little. She looked pretty funny with her hair in spikes! Junie B. Jones is a little bit like Amelia Bedelia because Amelia Bedelia makes mistakes too. Junie B. Jones messes up on her hair. I liked when Barbara Park said, “When Junie B. Jones was cutting she sang, ‘snipping snipping snipping’”. I liked it because it was more descriptive than just telling that she was cutting her hair.

I recommend this book to whoever likes funny kids or has a younger sister or brother in kindergarten. Junie B. Jones kind of reminds me of me because Junie B. usually knows how to solve her problems without help from adults. And sometimes I know how to solve my own problems.