Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo: Oh Baby!

Written by Nancy Krulik • Illustrated by John & Wendy

Reviewed by Isabelle G. (age 7)

Have you ever met someone who turns into a baby? Or a hamster? Well, youíre going to meet one now. Her name is Katie Kazoo. One day, Katie was playing at her friendís house. When they left the room, the magic wind came. (The magic wind comes in every book). It turned Katie into a baby! She wound up in a crib! She felt really scared. Will the magic wind come and turn her back into herself? Or, will she stay a baby forever? Read the book to find out.

I liked Katie Kazoo Switcheroo Oh, Baby because in one part I had a strong image in my mind, which was when Katie turned into Suzanneís baby sister, Heather. I pictured wind whirling around Katie and then Katie crying in the crib. Sometimes, I want to be a baby so my mom would feed me a bottle. But, I know I canít be a baby. I also know that if I could go back and be a baby, my life would start over again and I wouldnít have the same friends and I wouldnít be in school.

Did you ever want to be anyone but yourself? When you read Katie Kazoo books youíll learn that itís better to be yourself than anyone else. I sometimes want to be younger, but that wouldnít be good. So Iíll stay 7 for now.

Isabelle G. is a student in Brynne's 2nd Grade Class
2007-2008