Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors(The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)

Written by Debbie and Marcia Thorton Jones Dadey • Illustrated by John Steven Gurney

Reviewed by Shelby G. (age 8)

Have you ever seen someone that looks just like Santa Claus and your not sure if itís really him? Well, the Bailey School Kids have. Theyíre going to find out. Liza, Howie, Melody and Eddie are regular Bailey City kids, but they all have different ideas on what happens to them in their CRAZY adultsí lives!

Santa Claus Doesnít Mop Floors is a really good book because some of the characters donít listen and do really weird things like when Eddie and Howie put peanut butter on the stair railings. My favorite in part is when Eddie and Melody put whipped cream on the hallway walls because, later in the book Mr. Jolly (the new janitor) says ďwhipped cream sure doesnít look like snow!Ē like he knew it was them. They did that because they wanted to get rid of Mr. Jolly, so they tried reminding him of home.

I recommend this book to kids who like to spy on people like their parents, and like to go undercover. If you see a book title and itís sort of like a question? Well this is a book that is sort of like a question. And if you want to know the answer, you have to read the book. Kids who are in second grade and third grade should read this book. When the book ended I thought there would be more, and I wanted more. I bet the same thing will happen to you. There is much more of these Bailey School books like: Vampires Donít Wear Polka Ė Dots, Dracula Doesnít Drink Lemonade, Wizards Donít Need Computers, Knights Donít Teach Piano, Skeletons Donít Play Tubas, and so much more!

Shelby G. is a student in Lisa's 2nd Grade Class
2007-2008