1 Ricky Ricotta's Giant Robot vs. The Mutant Mosquitoes from Mercury

Ricky Ricotta's Giant Robot vs. The Mutant Mosquitoes from Mercury

Written by Dave Pilkey

Illustrated by Martin Ontiveros

Reviewed by Brandon K. (age 7)

Ricky Ricotta’s Mighty Robot is a really funny cartoon book. Ricky pretends he has to go to the bathroom. But guess what? He does not have to go to the bathroom. Like when my brother was trying to get me, I pretended I had to go to the bathroom so I could get away from my brother. He wants to get out of Mr. Mosquitoe’s ship! Mr. Mosquitoe is the ruler of Mercury. Ricky and his Mighty Robot have to fight the Mutant Mosquitoes from Mercury. So Ricky and his Robot can save Squeakyville. If you want to find out about all the action that happens in this book you will just have to read it!

I like this book because I like action books and the flip-o-rama. My favorite part is when Mr. Mosquito hates Mercury because of the long, long hot days. Every day the temperature is more than 800 degrees. Mr. Mosquito hates Mercury because of the long, long cold nights. In the night his toothpaste is frozen solid!

I recommend this book if you like action books. If you like Captain Underpants you will like Ricky Ricotta’s Mighty Robot. But Ricky Ricotta’s Mighty Robot is a little bit easier than Captain Underpants. And read from the first book of Ricky Ricotta or you will not understand the series. So read from the first book. The most interesting part of the book is 2 best friends saving the day and saving Squeakyville!